News from Louisa
Dear Sister - STILL charting!
For voting members of the IBMA, please consider Dear Sister for the 2014 IBMA Awards!
- 9 months National Bluegrass Survey (single)
- 8 weeks #1 Roots Music Bluegrass Report, 10 months on RMR
- 2 weeks in top 10 Billboard Bluegrass Chart 2013-2014
- two weeks in Top 50 U.S. Albums (all genre's) Roots Music American Music Chart
2014 News Flashes
- 2013-2014 has seen Dear Sister reach #1 on Roots Bluegrass charts and top charts in the National Bluegrass survey for over 8 months!
- Richard Cifersky has released Louisa's song: "Hope Sings," based on a poem by Emily Dickenson, in the Slovak Republic, where he has toured his new CD extensively through Eastern and Western Europe.
- Karen Lynne released "Will I Be Good Enough" in Australia this past winter, where it is now in the top 10 Country Songs in Australia! (June, 2014). Congratulations Karen!
- Dear Sister is proving to cross boundaries, having topped charts in Roots, Bluegrass, and Folk music for an entire year since its release.
- Louisa has completed her 2013 series "Beyond Bones: The Soul of the Song" and conducted her first 2 workshops for 2014. Many returning writers are now establishing and evolving their own professional careers as songwriters. It's been a great year at Woodsong Farm!!
- --Nu-Blu has just recorded Louisa's song, Forgiveless! "I didn't think anybody would be brave enough to do this really dark, existential song!!! But Nu-Blu has completely captured it and it's stunning!"
June 8, 2014 - Carrboro, NC
The Arts Center, 8:00PM
"Noone captures the full spectrum of human emotion and human relationships, in all their flawed glory, like Louisa Branscomb."
I'll Take Love - CD
"Bluegrass songwriting diva Louisa Branscomb has a smokin' pen that has fired off more than 90 recorded bluegrass and acoustic songs. Indeed, Branscomb's unique gift is once again on full display with her 9th project "I'll Take Love," which showcases the world's best bluegrass singers and musicians taking on Branscomb's powerful songs.
"I'll Take Love" proves that the "Steel Rails" songwriter is in top form." (Country.com)
Dear Sister - CD and Book
Dear Sister - Civil War Letters to a Sister in Alabama
This is the book that inspired the song. Read the story here.